Happy Faces after Portrait Clinic
Common issues discussed at our Portraiture Clinic:
- Cutting off the back of the head of the drawing
- Making the eyes appear level
- ANYTHING when the face is at a tilt or angle
- How to capture a likeness
And what did we learn?
- The importance of negative space around the eyebrow/eye area
- Just keep adding more to the back of the head until it looks funny, then scale back
- Finding the proportions of the face (even with a beard!)
- Tips for the 3 quarter view face tilt
We all went home with big smiles from putting theory into good practice, and with a pile high of resources to keep drawing from.
The next Portraiture Clinic is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, January 20th, 2-5pm.
email Jessica@jessicaantonelli.com if you’re interested!